Then - the fun part of the month - we went on a cruise!!! Ah yes - one of the wonderful benefits of being a "certified travel manager" is that I can get some KILLER deals on cruises. We sailed on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas to San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maartin and the Bahamas. It was a hard decision to make as we had not been away from the girls for that that long, but the timing was perfect and we haven't had a chance to get away for a husband/wife vacation for a VERY long time. We met some wonderful people on the cruise and had a relaxing time - it was great. And I actually have a bit of tan - not transparent anymore. Here's a picture:

The girls had a great time at Nana's (Chris' mom) while we were gone and didn't seem to mind us being away at all. One of my rationales about leaving the girls was remembering that I used to spend a week with each of my grandparents (Cincinnati and Jackson, Mississippi) during the summers and I had a BALL. I used to think that those weeks were something special my parents did for me. Now I'm starting to realize that maybe they just needed a break....hmmm....genious!
Now I have to insert a picture of the girls here as my family will revolt if I don't. Plus, that's what makes this website so cute. This one was taken by my Dad when he was staying with us before heading down to the Mississippi coast for Disaster Relief. See - they really do love each other. Anna is on the left/Ashlyn on the right.
2 comments:
Hey, so, um, any time you get some rockin' deals, feel free to let us know! Also, we're planning on being in Cincy around June 10th for Leah's bday. We'd love it if you guys could come!!
Finally, a new picture. And you are right, we would protest if you didn't post a picture of the girls.
Love you!
Post a Comment