Wednesday, April 05, 2006

You turn your head for one minute....

Let me start off by saying that the age of three is killing me. Everyone says "Terrible Twos", but the two's were nothing compared to the three's. That being said, let me give you an example of how my two angels (yeah, right) are now conspiring with each other to wreck havoc on our house.

The girls pretty much have free reign over our house. We don't have to worry about them on the stairs and we have toddler-proofed every room - - or so we thought. After lunch the girls usually play while I clean up the kitchen. They typically stay on the same level of the house I'm on (we live in a two-story home), but will occasionally go upstairs. I just make sure to keep tabs on them if I can't hear them playing. Today was no exception. They played downstairs for a while and then headed upstairs. I heard them playing for quite a while and then all got VERY quiet. I think it was quiet for a while because I was in the process of doing loud things (loading the dishwasher, laundry, etc.). I yelled for them and didn't get a response - not a good sign. I heard them moving, but no talking which is VERY odd for our girls. Anyway, I marched upstairs and heard them whispering in the bonus room. When I walked in this is what I saw. Ashlyn is in the pink pants and Anna is in the blue pants (we had just had a messy lunch so I took their tops off at the table).



Now, if you are not sure what this is I will explain. We have a paper shredder upstairs. The "shredder" part comes off the basket and is always off the basket and unplugged when not in use (to avoid any accidents). I shredded several things yesterday and hadn't had a chance to empty the basket. Well - the girls did that for me. There was shredded paper ALL OVER THE PLACE. It looked like a ticker tape parade had taken place in our bonuse room. I actually had to move my treadmill (always kept unplugged when not in use as well and HEAVY) to get all the paper up.

Of course, I wasn't too thrilled with the situation, but it was all I could do not to laugh when I saw the mess and the looks on the faces of the girls when I walked in - priceless. I think they actually thought they wouldn't get caught - hmmmmm....... So this is them "helping Mommy" clean up. Sometimes all you can do is just shake your head......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee...yep, welcome to the Terrifying threes. Remind me to tell you about a story involving baby powder when I see you.

Anonymous said...

Must take after their mother...hahahah

Anonymous said...

They were just helping you get your important papers mixed up REALLY well. No chance of identity theft with their help! You should be thanking them!!!!!!