Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Snip, Snip



My little girls look so grown up!!!! Ashlyn is in the picture on the left and Anna is on the right.

Yesterday, we got the girls' hair cut for the very first time. I just haven't been able to bring myself to cut it over the past 3 1/2 years til now. But they are supposed to start pre-school in September and the long, long hair was getting hard for all of us to deal with. So it was time to bite the bullet.

We've been talking about it with the girls for a couple of weeks to get them ready and they seemed to be pretty excited about it other than Ashlyn thinking a haircut would turn her into a boy - funny. Plus, we planned on donating a large chunk of it to Heartstrings which is basically the Locks of Love associated with Vanderbilt Hospital here in Nashville. We showed the girls the pictures of the little girls that are sick and don't have any hair and they both seemed eager to help.

I thought for sure I would cry, but I was able to control myself. It was also a little hectic as the girls got their hair cut at the same time so I was bouncing back and forth between them to make sure they were doing okay. Anna was a little hesitant at first, but did great and Ashlyn was a little ham and kept flipping her new "do" back and forth in front of the mirror - kinda made it hard for the stylist to get a straight line going with her hair.

Here a couple pics of our new grown up angels. I just LOVE their cuts and am so proud of them! We (me, Grandma and Grandpa Cook) took them to Chuck E. Cheese afterward as a reward and they wore themselves out. And they wore us out as well.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the girls new cuts! They look so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Where'd the curls go?? Leah desperately needs a trim, but I can't make her look like Boo from Monster's Inc if I do that. Decisions, decisions!! Besides, it took a heckuva long time for her to get hair as it is. The girls look fabulous!

Bill said...

Ah, yes. The first haircut. I'm sure I don't have to ask, but you did save a lock of their hair for their baby books, right? RIGHT?! :-) Great times.