Thursday, September 27, 2007

Letter to Awning-Hogging Drop-Off Man

Dear Sir (or jerk as the case may be),

Not sure if you noticed, but it was raining cats & dogs this morning during pre-school drop off. Well, of course you noticed as you whipped your van carrying your one child right under the awning spot like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. doing a pit stop. I mean why would you EVEN think that those of us hauling 3 children into preschool (we brought a friend's little one with us today) would need to park under there as I can easily get out of the van, run to the back, get everyone's backpacks, lunchboxes, sleep mats & blankets; place backpacks on said 3 children; give them their lunchboxes and coerce them into running to the door to the preschool through the torrential downpour (the animals were lining up two-by-two I tell ya).

Does "drowned rat" mean anything to you? Because if I would have been able to catch up to you then that is how you would have described me to the police when filling out the report to have me thrown in jail for doing a full smack-down on your tail!

So - I STRONGLY suggest you no longer hog one of only two awning-covered spaces next time it rains during drop off. It is very likely you will have your van doused with whatever we mothers (the MAJORITY of those dropping off kids) happen to have in our vans (purell, sunscreen, leftover juice box contents, dirty diapers, etc.).

This is your one and only warning.

Idiot!

3 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

So funny! I can so see you saying this to this man with Grace! you are awesome!

Courtney said...

The nerve of that man! HYSTERICAL! No...it's not funny about what he did, but this post sure was funny! You are SOOOOO funny!

Mom said...

I'll bet your head was bobbing the whole time! Good thing we both weren't in the van when he pulled this! I've always said you need to write for a living! I'll edit if you'll write it!!