Friday, November 30, 2007

Can we say, "Stir Crazy"?

My mom (Grandma to the girls) has been in Mississippi for almost a year now helping with my grandmother. My grandmother has had surgery on her shoulder (all those gymnastics classes she's been taking lately) and then fell and broke her arm. Plus, my grandfather passed away during all this. Been a bit crazy for the Felten side of our family.
Anyway, my mother has about hit her limit on being away from her own home and is ready to leave now that my grandmother has received a good report from her doctor and she can drive again.

So, the girls, my Dad (Grandpa) and I headed down south (or at least further south) to Pearl, Mississippi (you have to sat that with a southern drawl to make it authentic) Wednesday and we are heading back tomorrow. The girls have had a good time with Grandma and Mimi (my grandmother). Maybe a bit too much fun...

I think we may have to admit my mother to a mental facility when she gets back home. So sad...such a wonderful mind...and now she has lost it...and I think she's dragging my children down with her.

***Those "things" they have in their mouths are some sort of sick style of shrinky dink thingies my uncle made when he was a little boy about 45-50 years ago. ICK! I'm sure he'll get a kick out of seeing them in use though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I'll have to show Bill. This is the hammy-est family in the world.