Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally Catching Up

I know I promised a New Year's Update, so - now 25 days later - I'm providing one. I guess that resolution about punctuality has flown out the window!

These are listed randomly as I'm going with train of thought here. That will explain why you will probably read part of my grocery list at some point during this post. My train of thought can be a bit nutty at times.

To start off, I have been writing for a mommy running blog for a couple of months. I know, you are thinking, "what are these mommies running away from?" Actually, it is a blog for mothers that run/jog on a regular basis. Ok - those of you that know me well - stop laughing. I actually do love to run even though there is NO chance I'll be winning any races soon (I'm 5'1" and have the stride of a wiener dog). I'm the type that always likes to be around others, but running gives me the solitary "me time" that I apparently need. Plus, it is a LOT cheaper than therapy.

There are actually several Mommies that like to run and/or exercise (only when the bon-bons run out and the soap operas are over) - many of them are in POTATO. In fact, there are a few of us that have been talking about running the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April. This year we decided to suck it up and sign up for it. As part of that endeavor, we have been chosen as one of about 20 teams sponsored by the See Mommy Run website. They assist us with our training and provide us with our own blog (you have to check it ou purely for the pictures) to help keep track of our training program and keep each other motivated (with bon-bons and promises of free babysitting - I WISH).

We've been "training" for a few weeks now and actually have our first 5K today at the Nashville Zoo today. I think I should be able to run the whole thing - especially if they release a tiger or two to chase after me. I can guarantee I'll beat my record time then!
____________________________________________________

Dear parent of UNCONTROLLABLE child at our Preschool;

"Several people have asked me that lately."


That was your comment when I asked you where your child was zoned for elementary school. You might want to consider that as a clue that none of us want our children in your child's class when kindergarten starts. You have been oblivious to this fact for the two years I have known you and your child. Maybe you should consider home-schooling.
____________________________________________________

I did not make a New Year's Resolution this year. Frankly, I can't handle the pressure. I have enough stress to deal with on a daily basis. I don't need to add a resolution to that mega-pile. So - I have a new attitude regarding resolutions. I stole this from Jennsylvania, but I just couldn't put it any better myself:

I resolve to be self-aware enough to spot potential problems within myself and to begin to work on them immediately, without making a public announcement or waiting to start the improvements on an entirely arbitrary date.
____________________________________________________

I bought the MOST ADORABLE gift for one of my best friend's little girl. Her 1st Birthday was this month and I have a blogger buddy (man, that sounds cheesy) that makes these amazing tutus. This is the one I purchased and I have a feeling "High Maintenance" doesn't even begin to describe this little girl. I have no doubt my friend and her daughter will LOVE it!

___________________________

That's all I have for now. I've had tons of stuff I've wanted to post, but I can't seem to think of many of them right now. Hopefully I'll have more entertaining stuff soon.

No comments: