Sunday, April 27, 2008

More Country Music Half Marathon Pics

For those of you who might not have known, I've been training for the Country Music Half Marathon for approximately three months. It has been a lllllloooonnnnnggggg journey, but I met the light at the end of the tunnel (quite literally as I struggled my way to the finish line) yesterday when I completed the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon.

For those of you that know me well, feel free to mock and tease me for this endeavor as I know it is killing a few of you. I'm 5'1" and don't really have the body of a runner unless the runners you know look like any of the Oompa Loompas. Let the teasing begin.

13.1 miles BABY!!!!! And I ran the whole way! That is a major accomplishment for me as my longest distance running before yesterday was 10 miles during my training.

Three members of the Hot POTATO team crossed the finish line along with another POTATO mommy (Yeah Tammy) and my good friend Amy crossed the finish line with me. I swear I wouldn't have been able to run that whole thing without her by my side. Thank goodness we ran at the same pace. Thanks Amy!

It was a wonderful experience and I will definitely sign up to do it again. I feel like I can accomplish just about anything now, but there is still NO WAY I'll be doing that full marathon any time soon. Those people are NUTS.

I have added a Flickr Pics feature to my side bar on the right. Just click on it to see more pictures from the day's events. There are several including many of the girls. Chris and the girls were able to see me at five different locations along the race course and they were definitely an inspiration for keeping me running.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm soooo proud of you! I knew you could do it!!! By the way, I spotted you in your previous post! How can anyone NOT pick you out of that picture?!?

renae said...

Way to go girl!!! You are incredible!
renae

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shelley. That is so awesome! I would have needed to stop by mile 2. Way to go!!