Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me!

Seriously…if you wake up one morning and find me face down in a puddle of sweat with my sports bra wrapped around my neck, you will know who to blame.

This chick means business!

I have actually always been a Jillian fan.  I’ve watched several Biggest Loser episodes and kinda giggled when Jillian would make some of the contestants cry (I know, I’m awful). 

I know Bob is the “kinder, gentler” personal trainer, but – frankly – I need someone to kick my ass (sorry, mom – pretend I typed “buttocks” there).  I am a competitive person and I totally thrive when I am challenged – something Miss Michaels is apparently VERY good at doing.

Now my cousin & aunt would tell you they need the sweet encouragement of Bob Harper, and I get that – really, I do.  But that just isn’t what I need to get in shape.

So how do I know Jillian is trying to kill me?

About a week ago I discovered workouts available via our cable “on-demand” service.  Jillian has her own category under Exercise TV.   Of course she does, Exercise TV is scared to death of her and will give her whatever she wants.

Jilli (because we are such good friends – that’s what I call her…then we braid each other’s hair, paint our nails and have a pillow fight – sorry, I digress) has this 20 minute workout program as part of her 30 Day Shred program on the “on demand” channel. 

HOLY MOLY!

Now – despite my Botticelli-esque appearance – I have a fairly active fitness background (stop laughing).  I was a cheerleader in high school (shut it!), taught aerobics and was a swimmer.  I have even finished two half-marathons.  Let me tell ya…Jillian pummeled me into a gooey mush.  That first 20 minute workout was a KILLER.  Shoot – every workout of hers since then has ended with me in the fetal position crying for my mommy.

My one consolation is that Jillian is not very flexible at all.  I do smile a little at my self when I can stretch just a few inches further than she can.  Take that, Miss Michaels!

I have now done 5 of her workouts and I keep coming back for more.  I just hope these workouts will help keep the poundage off – especially while I attempt to inhale an entire sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving.

I’ll keep you posted…or maybe I won’t if she succeeds in killing me.

2 comments:

Mary Bernard said...

Yep. I feel your pain. I am a JM 30-day shred workout dropout. It is brutal.

But you go, girl!!!!

Nana said...

Only you would be excited to discover exercise shows on tv. I try to forget they are there and if I happen upon them while channel surfing I speed by swiftly and swear I am going to block that station this time!