Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Best Laid Plans

So my POTATO group (Parents of Twins & Triplets Organization) had "Breakfast with Santa" yesterday. We were so excited! This would actually be the girls' first encounter with "Santa" so we practiced during the week what we would do when we got to see Santa and sit on his lap. The practice sessions went VERY well - however - when the big day arrived Ashlyn wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with Santa. In fact, when they did the big announcement that Santa was coming into the building I had the camera all ready to capture their expressions when they saw him walk in. Well - Anna was thrilled to see him and waved at Santa with a big grin on her face. Ashlyn looked up from her breakfast plate, gave a very bored look in Santa's direction then went right back to eating. Hmmmm - not quite the reaction we were hoping for.

I got in line to see Santa and when it was close to our turn Anna came right to me all excited. Ashlyn had to be carried to me by Chris where she proceeded to have a hissy fit over the fact that she was going to have to see Santa. We didn't think that would end up being the best picture of Ashlyn (nor did we want her to inflict bodily harm on Santa) so we let her get back to her breakfast with Daddy and Anna and I waited our turn. As you can see in this picture, Anna did a fantastic job with Santa and was such a big girl.

Now if you just close your eyes for a second and then look at the picture again, you can pretend that it is Ashlyn too. I'm seriously thinking about delving deeper into my expertise at PhotoShop and seeing if I can just superimpose Ashlyn onto Santa's lap using her image from another picture....hmmmmm....we'll see.

No comments: