Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hallelujah!

I have not wanted to post this for a couple days as I didn't want to jinx it, but Anna Caitlyn Riggs is now potty trained!!!! That's right folks - start the music, cue the confetti and proceed with the parade. This little girl (as precious and innocent as she may look in this picture) has been the most stubborn person I've ever known.

Preschool starts next week and I had almost succumb to the fact that she may not be able to go if she wasn't potty trained. We have tried EVERYTHING to get her to go. Finally, Monday morning she decided she was done with "baby diapers" and wanted "big girl panties". I took her comment with a grain of salt (and about 3 pitchers of margaritas since her behavior has made me start drinking heavily - kidding) as she had made this statement before, but after MANY minutes (adding up to several hours) sitting on the potty that day she finally did it! And she has been doing it ever since. Amazing. Just goes to show you that children will be potty trained when they are ready to be potty trained and there is not much you can do about it.

So we are all VERY happy at the Riggs household this week and Anna is extremely proud of herself. Yee haw!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Way to go Anna Banana! I'm so pround of you! YEAH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The face says it all. Must be a Cook thing. Trey has none of my DNA and yet your post is so familiar. Leah is all me and the only thing she hasn't quite mastered at the potty is actually releasing. She does everything else from wiping to washing up. Two years and two months old. Wait, that's not me either. Must be the mailman.

Congrats to you! Preschool is AWESMOME!!!