Monday, August 07, 2006

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream

Yesterday marked the return of the Martha O'Bryan Ice Cream Crankin' in Franklin, TN. Basically, several Presbyterian churches get together along with a few sponsors - mainly Purity Dairy - and bring ALL kinds of homemade ice cream to a LARGE park-like area in Franklin. For your donation you get a small cup and a spoon. Then you go from table to table to get samples of all the ice cream - YUM! They also have bands playing and jugglers to entertain everyone as we gorge ourselves on ice cream. The flavors range from the very basics - vanilla/chocolate - to the extreme - cinnamon pepper & Barney in a blender. My favorite was the banana split flavor and the key lime pie flavor. They were GREAT! You actually get to vote on your favorite and the votes and the judges decide on a winner which will be a new Purity Dairy ice cream flavor.



Nana and Pappy met us there to enjoy the afternoon and I can tell you Chris and Pappy definitely got their money's worth. I think they sampled EVERY flavor there and there were at least 100 different ice cream stations around that place. Pictured above is our group (other than me) including our daughters who ate every colored popsicle there was. From left to right - Anna, Nana, Chris, Pappy, Ashlyn.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You always come up with the best activities for the girls and your family! I'm jealous! You have to share these great ideas! It looks like you had a blast!

Bill said...

Ooh! Ooh! I want some!