Sunday, November 05, 2006

Buckeyes Rule!

My husband has become quite the chocolatier. He has also decorated some amazing cakes in his past as well. In fact, I think this might have been his "calling". Now if we could just find a wealthy relative or friend to fund this endeavor....(any volunteers?).

Anyway, Chris' office was having a potluck last week and he signed up to bring a dessert. Since he is from the Buckeye state and is a HUGE fan of THE Ohio State University football team (the Buckeyes), he decided to make the candies known by the same name and made to look just like the nut-like buckeyes. For those of you who don't know, buckeye candy is made with peanut butter and chocolate - yum!

Now Chris had never made these before, but found a recipe on the internet and decided to go for it. The girls and I were at church choir practice and he had them almost done by the time we got home. Here was the final result. I'm so proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Verrrry nice looking!! We have some friends, who are from CA, who make those and put itty bitty rice crispies in the peanut butter to give it some texture. They're really good too!! I'm gonna go have a peanut butter cup now...