Monday, September 24, 2007

I loves me a good yard sale!

I was in charge of our Homeowners' Associations' Community Yard Sale this weekend. For those of you playing at home, I still can't say "no" to help with things. Actually, I've been serving on the HOA's Social Committee for about a year and it hasn't been too bad. Have even met some great new friends. Now - let's all join hands and sing Kumbaya!
Anyway - most of you know that Chris and I are all about being cheap. My heart truly flutters when I think I might get a great deal, so the prospect of being able to shop multiple yard sales in one morning - all within walking distance about made me pee myself (sorry to be so graphic, but it is true).

I strolled out our front door telling myself I was just going to scope out the sales and remind people of the Goodwill truck that would be here that afternoon for any pickups.

We all know how this turns out - you know I had to buy some stuff. So here's my stash from Saturday.

These were just too adorable not to get. They are pretty cheesy actually, but I couldn't pass up anything UK-related. Especially when they only cost $1. Plus, they were both framed professionally - you can't beat that. No clue where I'll hang them, but I'll find a place. There was NO way I was going to let these end up going to Goodwill!

These bins (there's another one I bought too) were actually holding other items this family was selling. I asked to make sure the couple was selling them for $1 each and then promptly dumped everything in the bins to buy them. I did help them clean up the mess I had just made.

I bought two of these - still in the packages. These are small magnetic containers that can be screwed into the wall. They hold smaller items - like scrapbook accessories. Got two of those babies for 50 cents - booyah!

So that was my haul from Saturday. I saw a few other items, but controlled myself. Chris was quite proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I love a good deal, too. That's why I loooooved working at Marshalls--I got all the good stuff before it went to the floor to be ruined by the customers. I've seen those metal container thingies on Mission Organization. So cool!!

Anonymous said...

I know you could do it! Great job on those deals...you always were a great shopping buddy! Miss those Ann Taylor sales with ya! Take care! Just got back last night from Southern Caribbean cruise with my parents. Gotta go wash clothes! Miss ya...Michelle

Anonymous said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Nothing better than good garage sale finds, I say! We're doing our part for the environment by recycling!

Courtney said...

You are too funny! Man, I hate it I missed shopping with you (even if it was a yard sale) because you are the deal finding queen!!! Glad you had so much fun!