First off - I must give you a quick description of my husband's feelings toward movies.
He's not a fan.
Not just of certain genres, or certain actors, or certain directors - he's just not a fan of movies in general. He says he doesn't like to sit and watch something for that long.
hmmmm....let's think about that statement for a moment...
Last time I checked, a televised football game still lasts at least 3 hours and a basketball game lasts at least 2. Interesting...
Another bit of history...my cousin (Scott) has put out an Oscar Picks pool every year for as long as I can remember. He's a talented actor/writer and is very interested in all thing theatrical. I always participate and now my hubby participates. Are you seeing the irony yet?
Keep reading. It gets better.
It is RARE that I ever see many of the movies nominated for the Oscars. In fact, this year I only saw 3 of the movies and two of them were animated. Pitiful. The other movie starred one rather handsome man that the girls refer to as "Mommy's Friend". Let's take a quick moment to appreciate him, shall we?
Hubby saw the same three movies. Of course, he's not pining over Johnny Depp like I do, but he did somewhat enjoy Pirates III.As we were watching the Oscars last night, my movie-despising husband begins to get irritated.
Was he upset because Anna won't go to sleep? Was he irritated about having to go back to work on Monday? Were his undies in a twist?
No.
His Oscar picks were wrong.
Are you kidding me?!?
I mean - he was seriously HACKED OFF because the picks he made in Scott's pool were wrong.
This is when he told me the most disturbing part of this tragic story.
HE RESEARCHED HIS PICKS!!!!!
He literally took the time to check out websites regarding what all the "pros" thought about how the Oscars would turn out. He analyzed all the information (probably making some sort of intricate spreadsheet knowing him) and based his picks on thoroughly scrutinized data. This is a man who could happily go through the rest of his life without watching another movie.
I am BESIDE MYSELF at this point. The whole situation is hysterical and he can not figure out why I am so amused.
The best part?
While they were showing little snippets for the best animated dog in a tutu award (no clue what it was really for), a clip came on for Peter the Wolf. This is when my husband said, "That won't win. It has SO been done before."
I almost peed my pants.
1 comment:
Really! What is it that is suprising to you?!! You already know how anal he is!!!!!!!!!!!! Where, oh where, did he get this? Certainly not from me!!
Post a Comment