Saturday, March 15, 2008

Quick Question

Let's just say a certain someone...

A friend...

No, really...

It isn't me, it is a friend.

Anyway, let's say this friend is VERY cheap - even more so since she married her VERY cheap husband (not my husband, my friend's husband - really).

This "friend" also has a certain obsession with McDonald's Diet Cokes (ahhhh...sweet nectar of life).

Would it be so wrong if she (again - a friend, not me) held onto a previously purchased McDonald's large drink cup so she can get free refills when she goes to Wal-Mart (with a McDonald's built in) every once in a while?

I mean, McDonald's does offer "free refills" and there is no time restriction on when those refills have to stop.

And - technically - isn't she saving the environment (as well as about $1.75) each time she does this because she's not adding another styrofoam cup to our landfills?

I think we should call her a hero, don't you?

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you're a freakin' genuis! Why didn't I think of that?!? Umm, I mean your "friend" is a genius!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a hero. A crusader for the environment.

And the pocketbook.

Rebecca said...

Can't imagine who this is about ;)

Shelley said...

Hi,
I got to your blog from a comment on Crystal's blog...I had to click here because it appears that our moms not only gave us the same name, but even spelled it the same way. And then I discover that we...I mean, your friend and I...have a hard-core addiction to the same beverage. Strange.