Thursday, April 23, 2009

So here's the deal....

I'm going to pretend I haven't stopped blogging for the past few months. I plan on being in complete denial and I encourage any readers of this blog (if there is anyone still out there) to join my denial party.

I almost thought about giving it up, but I find this blog is a little bit of therapy for me. And - let's face it - I need as much therapy as I can get (shut it!).

Now - imagine a nice swirly haze appearing before your eyes and....

POOF!

I've been posting every day for the past several months and you find my writing to be enchanting and humorous. Got that? ENCHANTING & HUMOROUS!!!! Say it with me now.....ENCHANTING & HUMOROUS.

Allright, I'm done trying to hypnotize you. Let's move on...

I'm running the Country Music Half Marathon again. Well - I'll probably be walking some of it as I have sucked at my training program and my right foot is being problematic. I would go to the doctor about it, but my cheapity-cheap husband suggested I do the race and then visit the on-site medical tent afterward for some FREE healthcare. Always thinkin', that boy is. I love that he and I are on the same wave-length financially as most wives would not be happy with that suggestion, but I think it makes me love him even more - ha! I'm all about saving the dollars!

The girls are doing the Kid's Marathon Friday night. They have been practicing for the past month after school with other elementary students. The deal is they are supposed to run 25 miles prior to the final race day and then they do the last mile at the event. We've had over a month to do this and they girls have done fairly well. It is typically 3rd-6th graders that do it, but there are a few kindergarten kids that are doing it as well.

And the reason we are all running....?

...for THIS amazing little girl. There has been LOTS happening with this family and you can read all about it on their CarePages web site. The whole family is amazing and there is NOTHING that will keep any of us from crossing that finish line in her honor. Makenzie ROCKS!

I will be sure to post pictures on here so you can all celebrate with us.
________________________________________

Whew! I think I've overdone it with the blogging for right now. You can't just take 3-4 months off and jump right back into it without suffering some type of brain freeze-like symptoms.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. I have one quote to leave you with that will (hopefully) get me to the finish line on Saturday. Let's pray I find that "will to succeed".

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed."

- Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

1 comment:

Mary Bernard said...

Hey, girl. Still with you! Glad you are back.

And much (pain-free) success to you on Saturday. Yay! Shelley!