Friday, June 26, 2009

Yeah - he was a freak, but he was a defining part of my childhood

I could do the entire Thriller dance.

My friends and I used to have "dance-offs" to all the songs on his albums. (Those are round objects used to play music back in the olden' days kiddies. Geez, I'm old.)

I literally screamed when I saw him do the moon walk the first time on tv.

I wore out the carpet in our living room trying to learn how to do the moon walk.

I am sad. Sad for his kids, his devout fans, his family, his monkey (ok - not the monkey, but you get the gist).

He truly was an amazing artist and will always be the "King of Pop" to me.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I, too, did ALL OF THOSE THINGS! Crazy! I can't believe he passed away so young. Now, if only he would have stopped after the first nose surgery....AND.... left the color of his skin alone..... But I digress! Sad day in the music industry!

Lynn said...

He so mirrored Elvis's life. Two talented lonely souls who didn't know how to cope in a real world. Enjoyed the dance performance. Been a long time since I've watched anything of his.