Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh Porky…you did not die in vain…

P1090316_appleI can’t say I’ve been to many pig roasts.  Actually, I’m not sure if I had ever been to a pig roast before yesterday.  I just love trying new things…

We packed up our lawn chairs, our cooler, the pasta salad I made, and the girls, and headed over to a neighbor’s house down the street.  They were kind enough to invite us over and we never turn down a free meal – especially a free meal I don’t have to cook.

A good time was had by all.  We met some new people, revisited with some neighbors we haven’t seen in a while and the girls wore themselves out playing with all the other “kids” (I originally had “kiddies” here and the girls had a fit watching me type it – dang it – why did they have to learn how to read).

Here are a few more pics from our afternoon of carnivorism:

P1090307Ashlyn couldn’t be bothered with putting the roll down for a picture.  Anna was pleased as punch to put on her winning smile.

P1090315I love this picture, but Chris says he “looks old”.  I think he’s nuts.  What a cutie!

P1090308

Ok, men – how many of you does it take to cut up that pig?!?  You should have heard them planning the attack.  And there were WAY too many knives being waved around at this point – especially since most of them had already imbibed a beer or 2 (or 12).

P1090326It started raining at one point (luckily, after the pig massacre had already occurred) and we all ran inside – except for several kids (yes – including ours after a bit) that decided jumping on a trampoline in a downpour was a good idea.  We’re raising some smart kids in the South, I tell ya!  Anna and I took time out for a picture on the stairs.

So – dear piggy – we appreciate you sacrificing your life so we could (“EAT YOU” – Ashlyn just screamed in my ear) enjoy each other’s company and spend a wonderful Saturday afternoon.

Side Note:  I told the girls before we went over there that they would be catching the pig so we could cook it.  They actually started strategizing this endeavor before I finally told them I was kidding.  “Anna, you grab its tail and I’ll knock it in the head with my baseball bat!”  “Ashlyn, you corner it under the trampoline, and I’ll punch it in the nose.”

1 comment:

Courtney said...

SOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!

BTW, I love how the apple is so vibrantly red! LOL!