
Most of you know that Ashlyn had to have surgery last May. She had a megaureter which basically means the tube connecting the right kidney to the bladder was WAY too big. This caused a back-up of urine which resulted in REALLY bad urinary tract infections. So we decided on the surgery to fix this so she wouldn't continue to have these problems. Ashlyn had to have a few invasive procedures before the surgery and - due to complications with a stint - she had to endure multiple ER visits with even more invasive procedures. Our hearts literally ache for her, but now all is good. Today we had to take her in for what we hoped would be her last procedure involving catheterization. It was to make sure the new and improved ureter was working as it should. It was awful. She was petrified and all I could do was hold her hands, put my face against hers, repeat the Brown Bear, Brown Bear book and pray. I prayed it wouldn't be so scary for her. I prayed that it would be over quickly. I prayed that this whole experience wouldn't scar her for life. I prayed that her ureter was working as it should. I prayed for the strength to hold her hands and tell her it was going to be okay. She cried - I cried - and it was over within 20 minutes. The longest 20 minutes I've experienced for a while.
But all is good - very good. The results were positive - her new and improved ureter was working perfectly and she will soon be off the daily dose of antibiotics she's been taking. YEAH!
What's even more amazing is the fact that as soon as the procedure was over she was ready to go back into the waiting room and go play with her sister. She ran and jumped and sang and danced and caused havoc with her sister just like she had never had to undergo the procedure she just went through.
Amazing! God definitely works wonders. The picture is of Ashlyn this afternoon - the procedure was at 9:30am.
2 comments:
What a sweetheart! Ashlyn sure is pretty and looks so happy. Nana and Pappy sure are lucky to have you. We love you.
People at church ask about Ashlyn all the time. Everyone is so pleased she is doing so well.
Love ya...Aunt Syl
Post a Comment