Friday, March 09, 2007

Mission Impossible - Riggs Style

Your Mission: Destroy the enemies by throwing things at them

Your Targets: See below













Your Weapons: Small pieces of Kroger Honey Wheat Bread (on sale at Kroger for $1 a loaf)

We had a GORGEOUS day again in Nashville and the girls and I took full advantage of it. We went to Centennial Park near downtown and took a picnic lunch with us. We first took our two loaves of bread to the pond and fed the geese & ducks. The the pigeons decided to get in on the act and hovered WAY too close to us. The girls learned the word "shoo" very quickly and it seemed to work. What was funny is that the girls got a little too excited about pelting the poor birds in the head. They thought that was hysterical. And - even though they seemed a bit annoyed - all the birds liked the snack we brought them. Here is a pic of the girls feeding them.

Then we made our way to the playground area which is wonderful. However, I could have sworn I only brought two children with me. For some reason this 3rd child appeared out of nowhere and apparently adopted herself into our family. She was probably two and there was no sign of her mother anywhere - no kidding. I had to help this child put her shoes on, climb up on parts of the playground, and stop her from running into the street at one point. Finally, as we were getting ready to go back to the van to get our picnic I started looking pretty hard for her mom as this child was not going to stop following us. Surely she had to be around. Yep - she showed up - very unconcerned that her daughter had been out of her eyesight for at least 20 minutes and with a complete stranger. What the ___?!? Sometimes you just have to shake your head.

Daddy met us at the park for our picnic and we had a great time. Then Daddy left and we broke out a book of stories and read those for a while. The girls didn't want to be settled down that long so we jumped back up and started running around the big open area in front of the Parthenon. We then went back to the playground for a bit and then back home.

Oh - and we had an exciting adventure involving a port-a-potty, but that is a tale for another time.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hee! Hee! Hee! I can just see the girls smacking the poor little creatures in the head! Hee! I would've done it, too and I'm an adult! LOL!!!!!!!!!