I knew...I just knew...something about him made me know in my heart that he was going to be a good Daddy. Not just a good Daddy really - a great Daddy. That was one of the reasons I married him actually. That and his trust fund (seriously - when is that sucker going to kick in - HA!).Little did both of us know that we were going to get a crash course in parenthood with not just one baby - but two. I still remember that first ultrasound at 5 months along like it was yesterday. When the ultrasound tech (not sure what they are officially called) told us it was twins - twin girls at that - he just grabbed my hand and kissed me. I remember the absolute joy and terror in our eyes as we looked at each other and then to the monitor to see our girls for the first time. However, I knew if I had him as my partner then we could handle anything. And we've done pretty well so far. Sure, the critters get on our nerves and make us want to pull our hair out at times, but for the most part we have a great time as a family.
These two are definitely Daddy's girls. He would say one of them is Daddy's girl and one is Mommy's, but in all reality they are both his and they have him wrapped around their little fingers. When he gets home from work they want nothing to do with me. Their bright blue eyes (just like their Daddy's) light up and I quickly know that my turn as center of their world that day has quickly passed. He is a wonderful pretender - becoming a horse, a cowboy, a giraffe or any other make-believe character is second nature to him. It is almost like he becomes a child himself which is why the girls love playing with him so much. He is always up for any crazy idea/activity the girls and I have come up with to spend time together as a family. And he never complains when the girls literally attack him and want to play with him the second he gets home from work. He doesn't get much down time, but that doesn't seem to affect him in the least.
We are so truly blessed to have him in our lives and I thank God each day for him. I just hope the girls grow up to know how blessed we really are.
Happy Father's Day Chris. We love you!
P.S. A BIG Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in our lives as well - Grandpa, Papaw & Pappy. Hope you all have a wonderful day! We love you guys!
1 comment:
He really is a wonderful daddy.
Post a Comment