Dear Very Capable Grandparent of the Pre-School Child in My Daughter's Class,
I agree with you that a trip to a pet store less than 1 mile from the preschool leaves little to be desired and that the school obviously did not take into account the numerous children and parents that are effected by pet dander. I was not thrilled with this choice either, but I knew I was going along to make sure my girls behaved themselves and to - apparently - become a shuttle bus for other children (I'll address that in another strongly worded letter). I would assume (silly me) that the other guardians that tagged along would think the same thing of their duties. Obviously - these rules did not apply to you.
You see - ma'am - when I saw you SHOPPING for grooming tools, dog food, and pet carriers on the opposite side of the store than where your grandchild was located it was all I could do not to grab you by your perfectly coiffed granny hair and sling you head first out the automatic doors hoping you would land in some of the pet excrement that always seems to be lingering outside the walls of Pet*Smart. You even had the audacity of pulling aside an employee that was apparently trying to help our group (36 kids + 3 teachers + 20 or so "guardians") through the store during our exhilarating tour of "petdom". I'm sure little Fifi, Fufu, Bitsy, or whatever the inane name of your precious little pet needed some of those items, but I can tell you with ALL assurance that this was NOT the time for a shopping spree.
Lucky for you I was too busy DOING MY JOB of watching over my two children (and sometimes your grandchild) to actually act on that impulse.
Consider this your warning because if I'm on another field trip with you and you pull this crap I will SO end up with some of your hair in my hands!
_____________________________________________________________
Dear Pre-School Parents with only one child to tote to Pet*Smart field trip,
It is well known at our preschool that I have twins and that they are in separate classes. You would think it would be safe for all the other parents to assume that I'm going to have to take both of them in my van.
So - why, oh why do you stand there in silence when the teachers ask if someone can take another child whose parents weren't able to be there to Pet*Smart? I know the one child you are taking (all of 1 mile mind you) must be quite a burden, but suck it up and take another one with you. For the 3rd time I have had to take extra children with me to field trips because no other parent will step up.
This ends now!
For the next field trip you will not only take your child, but you will take mine as well as the teacher (yep, done that too) and I will take my butt to Starbucks for an overpriced hot chocolate.
Oh - and while you are watching my children on the field trip be sure to keep your eye out for a shopping granny. Yank a few hairs for me.
______________________________________________
And here is a pick of the girlies from the Fall Festival our Homeowner's Association had last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment