I have met some great bloggers during the Ultimate Blog Party! The wonderful woman at Not Trying for a Boy tagged me, so now I must fulfill my end of the bargain. Otherwise, a large group of angry mommy bloggers will hunt me down and throw dirty diapers at me!
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
And here’s the meme:
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was getting ready to move to Nashville (from Lexington, KY) to be with my boyfriend (now my husband). I was the manager of a large travel agency and was taking on a similar position here.
Five things on my To Do List today:
1. Don't throw up
2. Clean up the girls' throw up
3. Go through an entire case of Lysol to disinfect the house
4. Wash every linen in the house in McDonald's-Coffee-HOT water
5. Get well so I can go on my planned-for-months-girls-only-getaway with my mom, aunt and cousin.
Snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate chip cookies - the actual cookie, the dough, the ice cream - anything to do with chocolate chip cookies. I'm a BIG fan.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Hire a cleaning person and a personal chef.
- Tell my husband that he should quit his job and do everything he can to become a professional golfer.
- Travel - preferably to a place where hunky (who says that anymore? apparently me), scantily-clad men fan me with large palm leaves and feed me chocolate chip cookies.
- Plastic surgery - I won't get too graphic here, but I would like to say b-bye to my twin skin. Many of my readers will "get" that.
Three of my bad habits:
1. Picking at my cuticles. I'm in SERIOUS need of a manicure. I haven't done anything with my nails since the girls were born (over 5 years ago).
2. I tend to micromanage. I fight this urge almost daily. I sometimes think that things won't get done unless I'm in charge of it or at least checking on the project continuously.
3. I bite the inside of my mouth. I've done it for as long as I can remember - usually just when I'm bored or nervous. And I look like a crazy person doing it.
Five places I have lived:
1. Erlanger, KY (near Cincinnati, OH)
2. Maysville, KY (don't even think about trying to find it on a map - small town I lovingly refer to as Maysberry)
3. Richmond, KY (Go EKU! Ranked in Playboy's Top 10 Party Schools one year while I was there. Not that I participated in such behavior. Because I didn't! Really Mom, I didn't. I was busy in the library studying.)
4. Lexington, KY (Go Blue! But they are gonna BITE IT in the NCAA tourney this year - pitiful)
5. Nashville, TN
Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Lifeguard (man, I wish I had that body again - think Baywatch meets Gidget - ok, maybe not that good looking, but I was pretty cute once)
2. Aerobics Instructor (ok - now I'm depressed thinking about how fit I used to be. WHERE ARE THOSE PALM WAVING, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE FEEDING BOYS WHEN I NEED THEM!!!!)
3. Marketing Director for a large bank
4. Travel Agency Manager
5. Account Services Manager for a large travel agency
Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
1. Becca at Abundance: One Day at a Time - a great friend and loves a good deal as much as I do.
2. Courtney at The Lawrence Family - another great friend and a SUPER shopping buddy.
3. Katie at FitMom2Twins because she needs someone to light a fire under her butt to start doing some posts on her blog. She's a great deal finding buddy too!
4. Jen at Sandy Eggo because I want her to know I'm thinking of her. Her husband (my cousin & a US Marine) was just sent back to Iraq for a 6 month tour.
5. Kimberly at Petroville because I adore her blog and she has a fantastic new blog design. I'm sure she's done this "meme" a hundred times already, so I don't expect her to do it again. But be sure to check her blog out.
3 comments:
Hi! I am still catching up on the blogs from the blog party. I'm from the Nashville area, too! I was having a good laugh over some of your posts and thought I'd say hi!
I Know exactly TWO Bloggers and YOU TAGGED my other one...PUNK!
I was once a lifeguard too! ;)
Post a Comment