Friday, March 14, 2008

Long time, no read and evil caterpillars!

Craziness (as always) in the Riggs household lately - including (but not limited to) an ER visit and a lovely bout with the flu.

Anyway, I just had to jot this down while the story is still "hot".

First - you'll need to read this short article regarding this toy obviously invented by the devil himself (much sarcasm there).

The girls received this exact toy when they were tiny - probably a little less than a year old. Precious toy made by the VERY respectable Leap Frog company. Leap Frog specializes in educational toys.

That is what makes this story so interesting. Be sure to read the article prior to reading the rest of this post as it won't make much sense without you knowing the "facts". Man - I'm strict with my readers, aren't I?!?

Done yet?

Good - let's move on.

Now you will probably think the main point of the story is that Leap Frog should be ashamed of themselves for producing a toy that does this.

You would be wrong.

The main point of the story is "grandpa" is curiously busy trying to make a child's toy use profanity. Hmmm...me thinks grandpa needs to find a nice hobby. Maybe bead making, or stamp collecting or shuffleboard.

The even more disturbing part of this story is that I can absolutely assure all concerned parents out there that this wonderful toy does NO SUCH THING (unless the evil wizards at Hell-Mart have been tweaking the insides of it - I wouldn't doubt it). Doesn't sound disturbing yet, does it?

Here's the reason why it is disturbing that I know this information.

It is how I found out.

I have a wonderful, caring husband who - most of the time - acts somewhere near his age. I also have a wonderful, caring brother-in-law who falls in the same category. However, when the girls received this lovely toy, both "boys" spontaneously turned into Beavis & Butthead. I walked in on the two of them trying to use the toy's phonics feature to make it sound out curse words (apparently just like grandpa did in the story).

They were laughing just like those two MTV idiots.

Funny enough - the toy wouldn't let them do it. Genius Leap Frog people! Each time it would get to the last part of the curse word it would let out a giggle and not give the boys the satisfaction of completing the word.

Did these two stop at just a couple tries? NOOOOOOOOO! They tinkered with the stupid toy for probably 1/2 an hour trying to get it to say some sort of profanity. I think they finally gave up after agreeing to their success in getting the toy to say "poop".

Way to go boys!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't tell you how hard I laughed at this post. I can just see and hear Chris and Travis doing this....HYSTERICAL!!!!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I found your blog at the blog party and have to say, I needed a good laugh this morning. You are so funny. Thanks for brightening my day.