Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Greetings from non-internet land

You would think I have given up caffeine again. My addiction to the internet and email has become amazingly clear for me the past few days as the girls and I are in Mississippi visiting my grandmother. Mimi (as we affectionately call her) doesn't have the internet...or a computer...or a garage door opener. I thought I might have to admit myself to technology rehab (as I was craving it bad!), but I found the remote control to the TV and that has calmed me down somewhat.

You see, I brought my laptop with me as I have been able to "borrow" the internet from Mimi's neighbors on previous visits. We have been here almost three days and this is the first time I've been able to get on the internet. Don't these neighbors know I have emails to answer and blogs to update!?! Geez people - increase your wireless strengths!

I first logged on to check on the status of Makenzie, check my email and play a few word games (priorities people!). Now I'm here updating the blog as I promised myself I would do better at that (and the grandparents are starting to send vicious hate mail).

First - do you remember the pumpkin plant we had in our back yard? Well - it wielded two nice pumpkins. Here's a pic of the girls with our "crop". And - as a side note - do you know how nasty it is to clean up the debris left from a LARGE pumpkin plant? NASTY!!!! The inside of the pumpkin vine looks just like the inside of a pumpkin - orange and stringy and gooey. Double ICK! We are quite proud of ourselves for this unintentional agricultural experiment and will definitely attempt to do it again.


Second - we thought we were being wonderful parents and decided to take the girls to a Halloween movie night (Shrek & It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown) on Saturday at a nearby park/subdivision. We had the blankets, chairs and drinks packed. We showed up right on time - one day late. Yep - the movie night was Friday - as it was CLEARLY posted on the ad we had cut out and brought with us as well as the LARGE signage entering the subdivision. We already felt stupid enough, but the best was when one of the girls said, as they made it abundantly clear how unhappy they were about the situation, "What kind of parents are you?!?!"

That's all for now as I'm not sure how much longer my pirated internet will stay up and running. I'll (hopefully) post more later.

3 comments:

Mary Bernard said...

Oh, yes... I was wondering about the pumpkins. Those are beautiful!

Courtney said...

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time in Mississippi and I'm sooooo glad you finally updated the Blog! And the pumpkins ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what kind of parents are you!!??! First you get them hyped up by promising a movie and then they are cut off at the knees!!!!!!