Sunday, October 12, 2008

You did what?!?!?

Scene: Last night after a full day of pumpkin farms and outside play. The girls are getting ready for bed. Anna is in the bonus room with Daddy playing her 1,001st game of Go Fish. Ashlyn is in the bathroom with me brushing her teeth. Anna and Daddy can see and hear us from the bonus room.

Me: Ok Ashlyn - please brush your teeth so we can get you in the shower.

Ashlyn: (brushing very slowly)

Me: C'mon Ashlyn - we only have a few minutes til bedtime and you need to get clean.

Ashlyn: (still brushing very slowly) Mommy, I have something to tell you. (That phrase is never good and I can tell by the way she has her head bowed that this is definitely not something good that is about to come out of her mouth.)

Me: What honey? (I say through gritted teeth.)

Ashlyn: Mommy, we washed the pumpkins.

Me: I know, I gave you the special towels to use. (They brought their small pumpkins upstairs to their bathroom to wash them and I gave them a couple old dishtowels to use to dry them.)

Ashlyn: Yeah, we used our toothbrushes.

Me: WHAT!!!!!!

Ashlyn: We used our toothbrushes to clean the pumpkins.

At this point, I walk (more like march) into the bonus room and ask Chris if he just heard that. He is trying to control his laughter and Anna says, "Ashlyn said to do it". Way to pass off that blame girlie-girl.

I then tried to explain to both girls why we don't need to wash anything but our teeth with our toothbrushes. That alone was a comical experience, but Chris and I were still giggling about them telling us the rest of the night.

Now I'm off to buy new toothbrushes!

No comments: