Thursday, October 23, 2008

I like big BUTTS and I cannot lie...

Situation: I was trying to clean out the van of the immense amounts of trash, old lollipops, hair bows, spider rings & Chuck E. Cheese tokens before letting the girls in to go somewhere (I don't even remember where now). We have the side doors that automatically close when you push a button on the door or on the key chain. I accidentally pushed the button with my elbow during the "cleaning" process, and was half in, half out of the van.

Van: BEEP! (door starts sliding closed)

Me: Oops!

Ashlyn & Anna: Uh, oh Mommy!

The sliding door hits me on the hip, stops the closing process and opens back up (safety feature on our van).

Anna: Thank goodness you've got a big butt Mommy. That door could have hurt you, but your big butt stopped it.

Me: Yep - I'm quite thankful for my big butt, honey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like BIG BUTTS too!

Anonymous said...

I meant to put my name, not Anonymous!!!

Courtney said...

You are hysterical! I've been singing that song to myself since reading your post. Plus, I had to pass it around to everyone I know because it is classic "Shelley humor" and life with your twins! I can't wait for Zoe to tell me my butt is big....I know it's coming!