Thursday, September 07, 2006

1st Day of Preschool!

The long wait is over and our big girls started preschool today! 4 1/2 hours, two days a week. We have been talking about it for months and the day finally arrived. They were so excited and had a great time. And the teachers told us they did great.

They are in separate classes which is a huge debate among multiple parents, but they are LOVING it. They think it is so "cool" that they each have their own teacher and their own set of friends in their respective classes. They talked all the way home about what each of them did. The good thing is that the 3-year-old classes have recess outside together so they are able to see each other once during those 4 1/2 hours. Apparently they ran to each other and hugged each other like they hadn't seen one another for 10 years when they entered recess - hysterical. They do the same thing at home if they are apart for more than 10 minutes.

Anyway - this picture is right before we left this morning. They are wearing their Spiderman backpacks. That's right - Spiderman. They were told to pick out whichever backpack they wanted and those are the ones they wanted. I was actually quite impressed that they chose a strong, super-hero type backpack, but Daddy was a little bothered that his "dainty flowers" didn't choose something a little more feminine. Girl power Daddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you both are big girls now and can go to school. I love you both.

Courtney said...

Way to go girls! I'm so excited that you are getting to go to preschool and that Mommy gets a well deserved break a few days per week! By the way, the pic is too cute!

Anonymous said...

lol, I'm always terrified Trey will pick Dora out if I give him too many options. Fortunately, that hasn't happened.

Glad they had a great time!! So what did you do for those 4 1/2 hours??