Friday, September 29, 2006

Worms, worms, worms

My girls have been "helping" me pull the numerous weeds in our flower beds. They remembered that in the spring when I was planting flowers that I showed them the worms I found. So - of course - they wanted to see some more worms.

Ashlyn loved the worms and was creating her own little worm family - brother, sister, mommy, daddy - very cute. Anna was more than happy to sit back and watch Ashlyn, but was not happy with me because I couldn't find her any "clean" worms. Yes - Anna is her Daddy all over. I tried to explain that worms live in the dirt which is why they are dirty, but that wasn't going to fly with her. She wanted me to give them a bath before even thinking of handing them to her. She did finally hold a couple worms, but not for long.

Here are a few pictures of our afternoon with the worms. The first is Ashlyn (rt) explaining to Anna (lt) that it is okay that the worms are dirty. The second is Anna holding her worm up, and the third is Ashlyn holding her "Big Daddy" worm up.

No comments: