Thursday, December 21, 2006

Noel, Noel.....

...Born is the King of Israel.

That's how the song normally goes - right?

As the girls and I were out running a few errands today that song came on the all-Christmas-songs radio station. We've been listening to that station all month and the girls love it. However, they tend to do their own interpretations of the songs. As is the case with this song. Here was their version.....

"Noel, Noel...Barney's the King of Israel"

Are you kidding me?!? Yes - it is a bit sacrilegious, but they are only 3 and I think God may actually get a little chuckle from this incident. As funny as this whole thing is, I am more upset that my children are inserting "Barney" into their songs considering I have absolutely banned anything Barney from being shown or entering this house. Don't really know why, but the big purple guy just annoys me. Of course, I can't keep them from seeing him at other places so I'm sure they have seen him before.

Maybe I can do some sort of exorcism to get the dino out of their heads....hmmmm....I'll have to think about that one.

4 days til Christmas - oh my!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barney is forbidden in our house too. I call him the spawn of Satan. It's so funny to hear kids sing, and the renditions they truly believe are right.