Anyway, the girls have been overly whiny and haven't been minding very well, so we (and by "we" I mean I got all the stuff together and made the rules and Chris just shook his head in agreement) decided to start an incentive plan for good behavior that I had read about a few years ago - a marble jar.
Now this is no ordinary marble jar - this jar is full of blue and green "magic" marbles that guarantee good behavior from little girls. Ok - that is not true - but that sure was my hope for the project.
Actually, it works like this (see photo) - there is one large container of marbles and then both girls have their own container with their names written on them. Each time we catch them doing something "good" (sharing, not fighting for an extended amount of time, setting the table, etc.) then they get to pick out a marble and put it in their jar. Once they fill the jar they get a treat (ice cream with Daddy, trip to Chuck E Cheese - you the get the idea).
So far it is going pretty well, but we've only been doing it a couple days. I'll have to keep you posted on the marble count.
2 comments:
Hey, what happens if the girls do something wrong, do they have to take marbles away? Of course, if they're like most little people they would never be able to fill the jar that way.
You are soooo created! I'm keeping notes for when Zoe gets older!
Post a Comment