Thursday, July 26, 2007

As I just finished the new Harry Potter book yesterday, I thought it necessary to devote TKW's Wild Card Wednesday photo to the boy Wizard.

Yes - I admit - I am a 34 year old Harry Potter fanatic. I have read EVERY book and have seen all the movies. Hi - my name is Shelley I am a Harry Potter-olic.

Anyway - since the Deathly Hallows book was the last in the series I felt I should be part of the book unveiling on Friday night. I was not one of the MANY that stayed at the bookstore til midnight for their book (I had already pre-ordered mine from Amazon and would be getting it in the mail on Saturday), but I did hang in there til about 9:30pm (that's late for me folks). Unfortunately for my hubby, I drug him with me.

It was fun being a part of this literary event and some of the costumes were great. I already have some wonderful ideas for Halloween that should adequately embarrass my hubby (I can't wait).

Now for the picture - this guy was one of the cashiers - they were all dressed up. I almost laughed out loud when I saw him as all I could think of was the little girl in Willy Wonka that turned into a blueberry when she ate that special gum. I kept waiting for a group of oompa loompas to roll him away because this outfit was as blue as it can get. It almost glowed it was so bright. You know those kids working that night HATED having to dress up.



And here is my adoring hubby - reading an investment book while I traipsed around looking at all the costumes and participating in the Harry Potter trivia games. He's such a trooper. And I am such a nerd!


3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oompa Loompa Doopity Da....I'm going to sing that song the rest of the day! I'm sure the spelling isn't right, but you get the gist! I LOVED Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and totally laughed out loud when I read that line! People I work with were looking at me!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Lynne and I'm a 54 year old Potter addict. I too have read every book and absolutely love J.K. Rowling. She is a genius to me. I have the book as we speak to continue reading at lunch. Thank you for not divulging any info on the book. I almost stopped reading your post due to that. I'm about halfway thru and can see I already will have to read it again. So much info to digest! I love it. Good to know I'm not alone.

Anonymous said...

The only person I know that likes Harry Potter is Patrick Spruiell, this dork at work...and now, my own sister-in-law? At least you are a mommy and can pretend the books belong to A & A.

Geez..