Tuesday, July 24, 2007

They shall call me Queen Pin

One of this weekend's adventures involved us going over to our friends' house (thanks for dinner Amy & Nathan) and playing with the Wii. I have to tell you I was a bit skeptical of how much I would enjoy a "video game", but after literally bending over in laughter watching my DH and Nathan box I was hooked.

After pulling a Laila Ali on my DH with a KO doing the boxing game, we switched to bowling. All four of us could play - fun! However, in the midst of all the fun my body was suddenly possessed by the spirit of ... hmm.... Ok - I don't know ANY pro-bowlers. Not really my sport of choice - sorry. Anyway, I became Bill Murray's character in the movie King Pin (except without the awful comb-over and the hideous 70's clothes). My best game was a 269 - 10 strikes out of 12 frames. Holy Cow! I'm not sure HOW that happened, but I plan on holding high score status on that game for quite a while.

I would like to thank my bowling & golf teacher in college - that 1 credit require physical education class apparently paid off. I'll be taking applications if you are interested in having me as part of your bowling team.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time. The Wii is cool! I have a boss who bought one for himself (his kids are all grown and away) because he LOVED it! Crazy, isn't it? I'll talk at ya later Queen Pin!