Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bathroom Etiquette

When you have an odd sense of humor (ya know - kinda like me), you sometimes forget where and with whom that sense of humor should be used. Since starting back to work in an office building, I have become increasingly aware of things that may be appropriate for the home and among friends/family compared to things not appropriate in the workplace.

For example...

I work in a 6-story office building. Each floor has a men's and women's public restroom for all floor occupants to use. We share our floor with about 5 other businesses. I am not close friends with ANY of the people within these 5 other businesses, and I'm pretty sure I'm not related to any of them. The doors to the men's restroom and the women's restroom are only about 12 feet apart.

So what have I learned...?

I learned that yelling "Race ya!" to the male individual entering the men's restroom while I am entering the women's restroom is not the most appropriate thing to do. Especially when you have NO IDEA who that particular man is, where he works or who he might know. You will find that the man will then do all he can to avoid you in the future (i.e. stall getting on the elevator so as not to share a ride with me, now use the men's bathroom on another floor, etc.).

When will I learn...?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

HYSTERICAL! Did you forget and think you were with me for a minute?!? He sounds like a NERD anyway....one who can't appreciate AWESOME humor!

Anonymous said...

Love the new masthead!

I think of stuff like that all the time. Usually I'm the only one that thinks it's funny though.