We bought a new tree this year - finally. Our old tree was actually one brought to this country on the Nina (or the Pinta - can't remember which) and then passed on throughout time - finally ending up at Chris' Dad's & Stepmom's house. They graciously gave it to us and we - being the tightwads that we are - were more than happy to take it off their hands. This is one of the those trees where you have to attach each branch individually cutting up your hands and arms in the process. I literally never put the thing up without cutting myself - lovely way to start the holiday - a blood sacrifice to the Christmas tree.
So we bit the bullet and bought a new one. We shopped around (of course - remember - we are tight wads) and ended up actually getting our tree from Big Lots! LOVE Big Lots! We got a great pre-lit tree with multiple light flashing settings for MUCH less than the other stores were charging. And the great thing is that it only took me about 5 minutes to put the tree together - amazing! It would have taken me at least an hour to get the old one together.
So here is a picture of our decorated tree and an ornament we got for our family this year. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
3 comments:
Are those ties on your tree skirt??
I guess I need to update our tree. I'm in the cutting, hour long, wrapping the lights around each branch phase. I reeeeally want a prelit one. Five mins? Crazy talk.
So observant of you to notice the ties! Shelley, your tree looks really pretty. What did you do with your old tree? Pass it on?!!
I just love your tree and think you are so talented. Of course, I have an advantage....I've seen your tree up close and personal and I LOVE IT! By the way, I need some pretty ribbon like the ribbon displayed in your house! Where did you get it?!? And I love the ornament, but what I really love are the "eyes" the mommy and daddy dear are making at each other. Are your ovaries hurting again?!? LOL!
Post a Comment