So we are going to the Library today for storytime. I know - contain your excitement. It is quite the hoot-a-nanny, or maybe it is a shin-dig. Either one will work...
Anyway, there is always a "Letter of the Week" and this week's letter is "V". We have to bring something in that starts with the letter "V". Now - this can't be just any "V" thing because apparently the mothers have decided to make finding a creative "Letter of the Week" item an Olympic event. All our competitive spirits have made us try to find the most unique item for the week's letter - meaning that we want our child (or children in my case) to have a "V" item that no other child has. We are sick, sick women. I think we are all compensating for not being in the working world anymore. We MUST find a way to be competitive with each other. What the heck is wrong with us!!!
So - as I'm searching the house for unique "V" items I think of a VERY good one that no one else would dare show at storytime - Varicose Veins! Ah yes - those unsightly features on the legs of most mothers (definitely mothers of twins or more) caused by carrying over 70 pounds during their pregnancy. I keep hoping someone will mistake mine for a really cool Celtic tattoo. I'm not thinking that will happen anytime soon.
What is sad is that I have been SERIOUSLY considering using Varicose Veins as the girls' "V" items. Then I get the proverbial smack in the head to myself that makes me realize what an idiot I am and that I need to truly "Get a Grip"!
Okay Shelley - suck it up and go find a presentable "V" item.
1 comment:
I won't even tell you what "V" word came to my mind!
Post a Comment