Monday, April 23, 2007

The Mighty Meme

There is a new version of a Meme. If you are unsure of what a "meme" is then click here for a good description.

Anyway, one of the blogs I visit on a fairly regular basis - Sitting Still - had a newer version that is a bit more personalized. I thought it was a cute idea so decided to jump in and participate. I tend to be a bit of a lurker on some blogs, so this was a good way to let this blogger know I wasn't just a stalker of her site. I've met some great people via blogs - most of them crazy, exhausted mothers like myself.

So, Sitting Still sent me a list of five questions that she is asking specifically of me. I'll give you the rules of this meme at the end in case you would like to participate on your blog.

1) You have twin girls! I've heard other moms of twins use the word "twinshock". Did you experience that (and do you still!) ?
We didn't find out we were having twins til I was 5 months pregnant at our first ultra-sound. Talk about twinshock! It definitely took a while to get used to the fact that I was carrying two little girls. And - once they arrived - we would constantly look at them and say, "I can't believe we have twins!" We still have those moments every once in awhile, but not as often now that they are 4. The twin craziness NEVER ends though.

2) We're new blog friends, so tell me about yourself, in five words or less. (I'm busy, ya know!)
hmmmm......fun, busy, outgoing, organized (kinda) and silly.

3) What do you like best about living in Nashville?
I like that it is a BIG city, but still has that small-town, southern feel to it. I love that there is always something to do here. I come from a small city in Kentucky, so having so much to choose from is fantastic!

4) What do you like least about living in Nashville?
Being so far from my parents (over 5 hours). I get jealous of those moms that live around me that have family so close that they can just give them a call with a minutes notice to come over and watch their kids for an hour so they can get their hair cut, run short errands without kids in tow or just get away from it "all" for a little bit. I have a wonderful mother-in-law that lives about an hour away and helps when she can, but she has another son (16 years old) and a full time job that keep her pretty busy as well.

5) Tell me a memory from your childhood that's especially vivid.
This is a silly memory, but my parents gave me a dollhouse for Christmas one year. I was probably around 10 years old. This was one of those dollhouses that had to be put together by hand. As a child I LOVED surprises (and still do), so when my parents told me to stay out of their room the month before Christmas I happily obliged. They worked on the dollhouse at a friends house for a while, but then moved it to their room once it was almost done. About a week before Christmas I remembered mom having something in her that I needed (can't remember what it was now), so I trotted into their room without even thinking about it. When I saw the dollhouse I ran out of the room, slammed the door and proceeded to cry my eyes out because I had seen the surprise. I was so upset. I didn't tell my parents anything about it until just a few years ago. They didn't have any idea that I had ever seen it. I found out later that they almost divorced (not really) over making that dollhouse as it took FOREVER to finish and there were apparently several moments of things being knocked over or pieces falling down/off. I have several other memories, but this silly one always sticks out in my mind.

Are you interested in playing? Here's how it works:
  • Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
  • I will email you five questions. I get to pick the questions. BWAAAHAHAHAHA.
  • You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  • You will include this explanation (or a reasonable variation) and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  • When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
I would love to hear from you if you are interested in playing.

1 comment:

Jennifer Fleming said...

i will play