I promise not to make a VERY long story longer, but the Riggs household has not had a good past couple of weeks.
My grandfather passed away a little over a week ago. He was an amazing man who led an amazingly full life. He was 93 and died peacefully in his sleep after a stroke several days prior. We made the 8 hour trek to Jackson, Mississippi on Friday for his visitation and funeral. Since the Riggs family has to "jazz up" any road trip we take, Anna decided to step up and require an ambulance ride to the University of Mississippi Children's Hospital at 12:30am on that Saturday. All is fine now. She woke up gasping for breath and choking. Since we had NO clue where we were or how to get to the nearest hospital, we called 911 from the hotel. The Fire Dept. and EMT's both showed up and were amazing. Anna ended up having Spasmodic Croup - crazy!
So - spasmodic croup is highly contagious and tends to transfer to adults and most other children as colds. Yep - you guessed it - Chris, Ashlyn & I all caught a variation of a cold and have been sick for over a week now. I actually went to the doctor and found out I have an ear infection, a sinus infection and bronchitis (such an over-achiever) - lovely.
And - just to top things off - Anna woke up last night with her ear hurting. The pediatrician confirmed the ear infection a little less than 3 hours ago. So now she, Chris and I are on antibiotics and Ashlyn is sucking down Dimetapp Cold & Cough. I'm sure she'll be in some sort of 12-step program for that stuff soon.
In the grand scheme of things, our issues have not been too bad and I just have to laugh at all the craziness. And since I haven't posted pics in a while, here is one from the POTATO Easter Egg Hunt a few weeks ago. We had a great time.
1 comment:
Wow. That's totally insane. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. =( If it makes you feel any better, we've been dealing with the stomach bug since last Monday. So far, so good for Trey and I (keep your fingers crossed). Hope everyone feels better soon!!
Jen
Post a Comment