Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the 10th Day of Christmas...

Yes - I'm STILL one day behind! Stop judging me! I'll catch up eventually.

We went to a birthday party yesterday - a rolling skating birthday party - my girls have never been on roller skates - hmmm....makes for an interesting adventure, doesn't it.

They had a ball. The birthday girl was Bella - a girl from their soccer team. And there was enough sugar there (cake, candy, cookies) that we would have been able to make about a million gingerbread houses - literally. Nothing like loading up a bunch of 5-year-olds with sugar and putting them on some wheels. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Chris and I are a little sore from acting as a catch net for two hours, but we had a good time.

Here are the little skaters (I threw the helmets in the van at the last minute - thank goodness). Anna's in brown and Ashlyn's in pink

And now a few open letters...
______________________________________________

Dear oblivious mother in the Target concessions line,

I want to know what kind of ear plugs you have that you do not hear the incessant whining of your 6-year-old child the ENTIRE time you are in line (busy day - long line). They must work pretty well as you didn't even turn your head when he looked at my daughter and said "stupid" while sticking his tongue out at her. You didn't even so much as bat an eye when I told your son (again, we are RIGHT behind them), "OH NO! You will NOT talk to her that way!" while I stepped up a few steps to get closer to his face. You are lucky that I had more concern for my daughter (who was crying at this point because of your son's actions) because if I would have had my way I would have picked him up by his ear lobes and shoved him in the popcorn popper. Then I would have come back to you and woken you up from your obvious oblivion by shoving you face down into nacho cheese sauce.
_____________________________________________

Dear well-meaning elderly couple,

When I am trying to wrestle my crying children into the van because they are now hysterical over not going to the pet store (another story for another day), it is probably not the best time for you to pull up beside me and tell me how precious they are or ask me what it is like to have twins. You are lucky all I did was smile and turn around because what I wanted to do was say a few choice words about your impeccable timing and lack of a brain.

No comments: