Friday, December 21, 2007

On the 4th Day of Christmas...

Dang it! I knew we were too lucky not to have someone get sick before Christmas! Ashlyn woke up with that seal barking cough of Croup. Lovely - just lovely.

Luckily, she doesn't have the fever that can sometimes go along with it which usually means it was brought on by allergies (a lovely trait handed down MANY generations of my family). Unfortunately, she feels a little icky which will keep us inside today. We had planned on a full day of cookie baking with a friend and her little girls, but that will have to wait til after the holidays.

Actually, that is probably a blessing in disguise as a good friend of mine and Chris' uncle & aunt sent us these LARGE boxes of beautiful cookies. I'm sure every one of those gorgeous cookies have less than 10 calories - right? Right? C'mon - someone throw me a bone here and tell me that they are the new & exciting fat-free, calorie-free version of cookies. No? Dang it!

As I prepare for a day of pitifulness from Ashlyn being sick and jealous whining from Anna, I leave you with a picture I forgot we took the morning after we put up the Christmas tree. Notice the stuffed bears are kissing too. See, they really do show love for each other - sometimes!


No comments: