Ok - just kidding. I grew up in the most Cleaver-ish home ever. I have wonderful parents who don't have a bad bone in their bodies (well - maybe a couple bad bones - but just like the little pinkie toe bone - tiny - insignificant). Plus, I need to speak well of them as I want to stay in the will. Heck - who are we kidding - I'm an only child and will get everything anyway. Bwah - ha - ha - ha (evil laughter sounds in case you were trying to figure that out).
Now what was I saying...? Oh, yeah - this is supposed to be a quick post - oops. So much for that. Let's see what I can do...
Chris and I took the girls to Lexington, KY a couple weekends ago. That is where I lived before moving to Nashville for some boy (oh, that's right, he's my husband now). Anyway, we visited the location of our first "date" - Keeneland Racetrack. If you have never been there, it is worth the trip. I know when most people think about Kentucky horse racing they think of Churchill Down in Louisville - where the Derby is held - but I personally think Keeneland is much nicer.
So - without any further ado (and, man! I've been "ado-ing" a lot in this post) - here are a few highlight pics of our trip. I've added a flickr pics feature on the right like the one from the 1/2 marathon, so just click on that for more pics. I've added descriptions so you can know what's going on.
This is my friend Neal. Our families have known each other for years and we've stayed in touch. He and his wonderful wife (Christy) have a beautiful little girl (Mayson - in the green jacket) and they joined us at Keeneland on Saturday morning. Keeneland lets you walk around their barn area and see the horses up close.
Here's Mayson, Ashlyn & Anna in front of the jockey statues in Keeneland's Paddock area. Chris and Neal weren't able to take this picture because they were shaking in laughter from one of the winning horses listed on the plaques the jockey's are holding. The name of the horse was "Panty Raid". Boys will be boys.
Lexington has a wonderful children's museum called the Explorium. We were there a little over two hours and the girls didn't want to leave. This picture cracks me up as the baby doll seems to be looking at me pleading for help.
This is part of the phenomenal sculpture/statue exhibit in downtown Lexington. There is a great story that goes along with this about the creation of it, but I'm not sure of it and will have to get back to you. The girls loved being at the "finish line". They were quickly done though and started heading back to the van. Luckily, they didn't notice the lovely homeless man relieving himself in front of God and everybody just up on the hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment