Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bits & Pieces

  • Holy cow! I'm exhausted! Haven't had a full night's sleep since Thursday as Anna has the cough from Hades (literally sounds Hellish - like we're calling in the exorcism people ). It has been getting better, but now she has another UTI. Lovely.

  • I didn't care how tired I was, I was going to the POTATO meeting last night. It was Spa Night!!! Yoohoo!!! The scantily clad men fanned us with palm leaves while firemen type guys fed us grapes. Ok - not really - but there was a chocolate fountain and that's all I needed to know to get me there.

  • My feet STILL hurt from the Country Music Half Marathon! What the ?!? I'm using that as my excuse for only going to the gym once since the run. Hmmm...maybe I should call the scantily clad men from last night to rub my sore tootsies....mental note.

  • Ashlyn woke me up this morning with a cough that sound like a barking seal. Yep - she's now sick and so am I. Who saw that one coming? Anyone, anyone...

  • Trying to figure out what to do to keep the three of us sickies entertained today without having to exert too much energy. Hard to do with two VERY active 5 year olds.

  • I'm pretty sure my husband ran to get out of the house this morning. I get the feeling he doesn't want to be around us for some reason. I can't imagine why..hack, hack, cough, snort.

  • I volunteered to teach Vacation Bible School this summer at the church we've been "visiting" for the past year. You would think I would have learned to say "no" to requests like this since my VBS experience a couple years ago scarred me for life. This group seems to have everything very well organize. I have high hopes.

  • I have about 10 bins around the house where I've reorganized the stuff I plan on selling at the next POTATO consignment sale and transitioned the closets from winter stuff to summer stuff. They've been hanging out for over a week and the girls are starting to give the bins names. Hmmm...I guess we had better put them up in the attic sometime soon.

  • I'm going to fix me some hot tea and continue hacking up a lung. This is destined to be a great day!

No comments: