Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Fountain of Youth

We had a BIG day yesterday. A POTATO friend invited us to go along with her and some other friends and their kids to Centennial Park and Bi-Centennial Park near downtown Nashville. Both are wonderful parks and I can safely say I have not taken full advantage of them. We have visited Centennial Park several times to feed the MANY ducks and geese, but I had not taken the girls to Bi-Centennial Park to play in the fountain area at all - Bad Mommy!

Anyway, we had a wonderful time. We started at Centennial Park feeding the ducks and geese in record time - amazing how quickly 8-9 kids go through a truckload of bread. I'm sure those birds had some queasy tummies by the time we left. We then went over to that park's playground area which is very nice. We then picnic-ed near the playground area and then loaded up the kiddies to go over to Bi-Centennial's Park to play in the fountains. Oh - did I mention it was 90 degrees in Nashville yesterday?

It sounds a bit odd to let your kids play in a fountain, but Bi-Centennial Park's fountain area is different. You'll see in the photos.

Daddy and Miss Amy brought their lunches to the park and watched the festivities as they were so close. It took the girls a while to realize their Daddy was there - funny.

Here are a few pics of our day. Just click on them to make the bigger. The first one gives you an idea of what the fountain area looks like. The second is Ashlyn getting her back wet and the third is Anna playing in the grated area where you can walk around.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm JEALOUS! That looks like so much fun! And you should have called me....I work a few blocks away from there. I couldn't walked down and said hello! Love to you and the girls!