Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Recap

I'm just going to list these rants, raves and reviews in no specific order. I'm so dedicated to this blog that I want to make sure I get all the details down so as not to forget anything and disappoint our readers. Well - that and I am postponing the whole take-down-the-Christmas-decorations thing. ICK!

1. I have bronchitis. Lovely. Because what is a holiday without a little sickness. The girls and I have had the sniffles for about a week and mine turned into a sinus infection which then became bronchitis (I'm such an over achiever). I went to the doctor yesterday and received two wonderful shots that are making feel dramatically better today. Thank goodness. As an added benefit, the steroid shot made me SUPER hyper yesterday afternoon so I was able to get some things done around the house before becoming a dizzy freak and passing out on the floor.

2. The girls picked out their own gift for each other this year. You could literally hear the wheels in their heads turning as the deliberated what to get each other - Do I get what I want vs. Do I get something Sissy will like? Oh the conflict! Ashlyn's choice for Anna was actually pretty easy as Anna (our dainty flower) is ALL into Spiderman and Superheros in general (GIRL POWER), so Ashlyn gave her a "bad man" (as Anna likes to call the villains) for Anna's Spiderman to battle. Anna chose a more interesting present for Ashlyn (see photo). Matel's sick version of this Barbie (called Pooper Scooper Barbie - I kid you not) has a dog that not only eats real food, but also poops real poop. And to make the whole process even more disturbing - the "pellets" the dog eats are the same one the dog poops. This means when you want to feed the dog you are actually feeding him his own poop. Lovely. The geniuses that came up with this product need to have their noses rubbed in poop, or - at the very least - they need to come over here and keep up with the 10 itty-bitty pieces of food/poop that came with this stupid doll.

Side note: Went to Wal-Mart yesterday for some after-Christmas sales and saw a bazillion of these Barbies in the otherwise picked-over toy section. hmmmm....not surprising...

3. My children have become members of the paparazzi. They received kiddie digital cameras for Christmas (thanks Nana). After we got the suckers out of the box (who makes that plastic packaging anyway? They should have their noses rubbed in Barbie's dog's poop as well. Let's just line these product creators up and take them out one-by-one), the girls started snapping away. Nonstop. We felt like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan with all the flashing (without the psychotic episodes or baldness) . I plan on downloading some of their pics, but they keep deleting them all before I can get to the cameras.

4. My mom and I went after-Christmas shopping to get some deals on next year's Christmas decorations. I always buy my Christmas cards for the next year at this time too. Found some cards I loved. See anything wrong with them? Take your time...look a little closer....

The freakin' year!!!! I can't believe I bought these cards (with my mother also telling me how nice they were) without either one of us noticing the "2007" at the bottom. It isn't like they are small numbers! Geez I'm an idiot!

5. We are going to the Music City Bowl Game on Monday to watch my UK Wildcats beat Florida State to a pulp. Of course, since FSU won't have many players left to play they may have to recruit some people from the stands to play. Pitiful! We still plan on having a good time.

6. Write it down in your record books people - my parents got the girls a toy for Christmas that requires batteries. This literally makes me bend over laughing as I was not allowed ANY toys that required batteries growing up. In fact, I think the first item I had that required batteries was a calculator my calculus class required in high school. So sad...I'm surprised Child Services wasn't beating down our door to save me from such a horrible living situation (ha). They did have a good time playing "store" with the girls though. Maybe they will turn from the dark side and cross over to battery utopia now.

7. I make calendars for all the grandparents and great-grandparents for Christmas each year with pics of the girls. I accidentally forgot to send Mimi's (my mom's mom) calendar in the package I mailed two weeks ago and didn't realize it til the presents started dwindling down Christmas morning. Oops. She was NOT happy with me and made no qualms telling me about it on the phone that afternoon. "Shelley, I'm missing something in my package. WHERE IS MY CALENDAR!" That package is going out today! Yes ma'am!

8. My 17-year-old brother-in-law recently ran up his family's cell phone bill. I won't even divulge the amount as it is ASTRONOMICAL. Let's just say Verizon is making him their new spokesperson and having a parade in his honor. Anyway, we always tend to give him money or a gift card for Christmas. This year we decided to have a little fun with the whole phone bill situation. Chris picked out a great card that basically said he had been a "naughty boy" and then we enclosed a check. The check was made out to his mom. Took him a minute to catch on to that, but it finally hit him. Priceless moment, simply priceless. His mom (Nana) thoroughly enjoyed it.

9. I made the girls waffles on my new George Forman Grill this morning (thanks Papaw & Mamaw). They turned out great! Chris and I are now thinking about opening our own Waffle House now. YUM!

That's all I can think of for now. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I can't believe we both missed the 2007 on those cards!! I guess I had Christmas fog! It was a great Christmas!

Love, Mom

DBN said...

I am sure you can somehow cover the year! I am in shock over number 2 on your list. We are not quite ready for Barbie over here, and I don't think we will EVER be ready for THAT particular barbie.