Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time keeps on slippin'

I know I'm on a roll with pictures lately which probably isn't as interesting for those of you that aren't family, but I just can't help it. I think the reality that the girls are starting kindergarten in the Fall is slowly creeping up on me.

I really haven't felt too sad about the whole thing - til now. I had a good friend ask me how I was after signing the girls up for kindergarten about a month ago. She was concerned that I might be a bit upset. I wasn't - really. The girls were able to do a mini-tour of the school that day from a friend with an older child there already and there was lots of excitement in the air because school was still in session.

This same friend asked the same question after kindergarten orientation. I was fine - again. We received an "official" tour and the girls were able to meet all 6 kindergarten teachers and see all the classrooms. It was fun.

And - to tell the truth - I really haven't had time to think about this new milestone much. It is the end of the year at the girls' preschool, and - even though they only go a couple days a week - there are still lots of activities to plan for (Luau parties, graduation, bubble day). Plus, POTATO has required quite a bit from me lately, I've been preparing for Vacation Bible School, there have been soccer games & practices, and life is just busy in general. Just not much time to really sit and think about the girls growing up...

Yesterday I had a moment to think. I picked the girls up from preschool (it was Luau Day at preschool which explains the floral outfits and flowers in the hair - and, yes - I did have to hold Anna down to get her in this) and it was a gorgeous day. We immediately went outside when we got home and started playing with some new bubble things. I grabbed the camera on my way out the door as an afterthought. I just started popping off some pictures and luckily nailed this shot.


It isn't perfect, but I love the way the bubbles help tell the story of how much fun they had. Then I started thinking of how we only have a couple months of "fun" before school starts. Craziness. I took several more pictures (including the one below) and then just sat back and watched them have a good time. I tried to breath in every moment so I could hold onto it forever.

Here's hoping for an endless Summer...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

These pictures are truly beautiful. I love pictures that tell of such fun and innocence. Enjoy your girls and I know you'll have a wonderful Summer!

Anonymous said...

Once you're in a new kinder groove you will wonder what you were so melancholy about. This has been Trey's best year ever. I mean, five days a week of state funded activity!
Leah asked when she could meet your girls last night. We have one of their spring pictures up in her room and she told me, "they're so beautiful." =) We should plan a big Cook hooplah at Disney or something.

Rebecca said...

This post made me cry.

Syl said...

Enjoy each and every step. That's a parent's job, you know...getting them ready to leave the nest. With all your great pictures and your GREAT scrapbooking abilities, you have LOTS of wonderful memories.