I have a recap of the road trip the girls, my Dad and I made to Mississippi, but that will have to wait til I have a bit more time. Til then, please enjoy the dialogue below that happened in a Cracker Barrel bathroom somewhere between Nashville, TN & Jackson, MS.
Setting: Cracker Barrel bathroom - two other stalls occupied as well as mine.
Circumstances: Already made the girls go potty and am now taking my turn (I know, too much info, but this is VERY important to the story). Girls are standing outside my stall with feet under the stall door so I can make sure they don't run off, bust out the bathroom door and break all the Yankee Candles on the shaky shelf right there (WHY would you put that display there!!!!).
Ashlyn: Mommy, are you going pee-pee?
Anna: Mommy, are you going poo-poo too?
Me: Girls, I'll be out in a second - please be quiet.
Ashlyn: Well, are you going pee-pee or poo-poo?
Anna: Is it a big poo-poo Mommy? Are you wiping front to back?
Lady in stall next to me: (uncontrollable laughter)
Me: Girls, please keep your voices down.
Anna: Hi Mommy - I can see you through the crack! (crack in the stall door - she's waving)
Ashlyn: Mommy, I can see you too. You don't have any pants on!!!!
Anna: (peeking under the stall door) Hi Mommy! Look! I see you under the door. Are you still going pee-pee?
Lady in stall next to me: (literally snorting she is laughing so hard) I'm so sorry to be laughing, but they sound so cute.
Me: (as sarcastically as humanly possible) Yes - they are precious. Are you interested in one or both of them? They come free with a Yankee Candle purchase...
3 comments:
I almost went "pee pee" in my pants just reading this! I can hear them saying it! HILARIOUS!!!! Glad you're back safe and sound!
It's only funny because this time it wasn't me. =D I think every mom who has taken a child or two to the bathroom with them has had some variation of this conversation, I know I have! BTW, I LOVE your new background. So cute!
OMG.
That is totally hilarious. It's so funny that kids are so uninhibited in discussions of bodily functions in public. Happens here too. Actually we just leave the potty door open no matter who is in there b/c the kids are gonna bust in anyway. They get VERY put out when the grandparents are here and they shut the door...my kids can't understand why it isn't OK to be in there...
Post a Comment