Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a very safe and fun New Year's Eve.

We are back from Mississippi (8 1/2 hour trip) - glad to be home, but hated leaving family (I'll be posting pics soon). The drive was okay, but very rainy and the girls seemed to want to stop at every public restroom along the way. We have used so much hand sanitizer that the girls hands are about to fall off.

We were graciously asked by some friends to come over last night, but by the time we got home we were exhausted. I hated to miss the fun, but I pretended to ring in the new year at around 9pm and went straight to bed (pitiful).

Daddy was thrilled to see his girls and said it had just been too quiet around the house. I'm sure the girls will up the decibel level around here today.

Now, for something I truly HATE to do, but I'm a list make and I fell compelled to do it - make a New Year's Resolution List (ICK). Maybe if I put it on the web I will be more likely to do them - yeah, right...

1. Clean out our garage - this is first and foremost on our list because we can barely fit one vehicle in there right now and we've been saying we're going to do this for at least two years. Chris received quite a bit of equipment and Lowe's gift cards to turn himself into Bob Villa and put up the shelves and cabinets he wants so THIS IS THE YEAR!

2. Make healthier meals for the family - we really don't eat that bad, but we could definitely eat better. As a side note to this one, I would also like to plan out menus on a weekly basis so I'm not rushing around at the last minute trying to figure what to make for dinner.

3. Lose this last bit of "pregnancy weight". I don't really think I should be allowed to call it that since I was pregnant four years ago, but that's what I'm using - Don't Judge Me! A friend and I are going to work together on this so maybe we can push each other along.

I have other smaller projects that I want to accomplish throughout the year, but these are the biggest and the ones that I most want resolved.

Hope everyone has a great New Year's Day.

No comments: